Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just when I was getting bored...

So the second semester of the school year is coming to a close... just when I was getting bored...of reading some of the 325 essays I have to read...here are some that kept me interested.

"First, if we wear a school uniform, we will awake to our position. That’s because a school uniform has a mysterious power, it makes us serious." (I should wear a uniform then).

"I want to study English very hard from now on. So I think that Japanese people should learn English." (This is very common...do we say study English very hard? I don't even know what is correct English anymore and they always validate everything with So...)

"I may open a field of world vision." (regarding conducting business in English...that sounds cool)

"When the children grow up, they will become a person to be considerate of others and a motorcycle gang, because of being given mother’s love." (What?)

"For example Chinese is similar to English how sentences is look like English." (Chinese doesn't look or sound anything like English to me but I guess to a Japanese person they both sound foreign).

"Second, a school uniform is not comfortable. It is stiff and it is not easy to run and sports and so on. More over it is become feels heavy when I have eaten so much, Especially, skirt become too tight." (some things are just universal).

"You know an alchol is magical drinks…I wish I could drink alchol at a picnic under the cherry blossoms." (a budding poet)

Hope you have enjoyed these excerpts from my student writing. Not too much is new here...although this past weekend, in the period of 2 hours it snowed, rained, hailed and was sunny. And sometimes when snow falls, it thunderstorms as well! One new thing: Maya is coming for Winter Break! I am excited. Oh, and I wrote my dad a letter and sent it. And I cut my hair!

No comments: