Sunday, March 29, 2009

Family

So...in four days the rest of my immediate family (mom and Maya) will come to Japan!!! I am very excited. Due to constraints of money and time, I never thought this would actually work out but I am glad that it will (thanks to God). I can't remember even once going on a vacation by ourselves. Maybe I just don't have a good memory.

They are here for such a short time so we are going to try to hit up the "must-see" things and "must-do" things in Japan. We are also going to meet our grandmother. I feel like maybe I should be feeling more emotions than I am right now. I guess I just don't know how to feel. This is one of the main reasons I came to Japan - to reconnect with family here - but it is kind of surreal that it is actually going to happen - I guess this was another thing that I didn't think would work out.

So for now I just remain thankful for these opportunities....the opportunity for me and Yuki to spend some time in Japan, for my mom and Maya to come and for the opportunity to meet our grandmother.

No comments: