Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not much of an update...





Not much of an update. We (Yuki and I) are settled in here and have a routine.
This past weekend
We went to another reggae party. It was fun but it was so smoky! A lot of people smoking is a small space = hard to breathe and sore eyes. Japanese people seem to be so healthy, but so many of them smoke. I don't get it.
I met with some other ALT's and went out to the gardens by Maruoka Castle (didn't go inside, will save that for later)...I wanted to see some pretty leaves changing before they all fall off.
We also went to the grounds of Eiheiji temple (didn't go inside, will save that for later). It was very beautiful with the tall trees, changing leaves, waterfall, architecture, ancient burial grounds, etc. I hope to go back and spend the night there one day...to live like a monk for one night.
School
Some classes have really gotten on my nerves. I constantly have to tell them to stop talking. Hmm...
Anyways, I attended tea ceremony club for the first time this week. I participated as a guest and I hope to go back regularly and learn how to prepare the tea for the tea ceremony. It is very formalized, structured and there are so many steps. I really admire their attention to detail.
The schedule is so irregular so some days I have 5 classes and some days I have 1. So I am really tired some days, and bored other days. I have been trying to studying Japanese in my free time at school (because Yuki turns on Grey's Anatomy at home so I can't concentrate). It has been working out pretty well and two of my students volunteered to help me study. Today was a beautiful sunny day so I actually went outside for lunch and to study Japanese. I want to enjoy the nice days while they are left.

No comments: